What is IJMB program?
IJMBE means Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination, It is a nine months Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria moderated Advanced Level (A’Level) program. It is a federal government approved program, moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria and is certified by Nigerian University Commission (NUC). Which is designed to solve admission menace of candidates as an alternative mode of gaining admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria into 200 level via Direct Entry (D.E) without UTME/JAMB and other related modes of entry.
It is a program that has been fully certified and the examination is called IJMBE which is Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination, Which was held first in the year 1977 after the first IJMBE started in the year 1976.
The Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination was established in 1976 by the Interim Common Services Agency (ICSA). ICSA itself was established by the government of the old Northern Region of Nigeria to provide educational and social services to the people of the region. The first Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examination (IJMBE) was held in 1977 for all students who had undergone the post secondary education program in the existing schools of Basic/ Preliminary studies which had replaced the HSCE.
IJMB certificate is presently recognized and accepted in more than 80% of Nigerian federal, state and private Universities for Direct Entry admission. The Federal Government, through its various educational agencies, recognizes it as an examining body for Advance Level Examinations. The syllabus is approved by NERDC and the examination results are listed among the acceptable modes of entry in the JAMB brochure (check item 2.2 to confirm IJMB eligibility). kadeshgc.com
This is a program you must have heard of through friends, colleagues, family memebers etc. Thousands of students have gone through the program since it’s inception, and have completed their degree in various departments in their chosen universities.
How Long Does It Really Take For An IJMB Result To Expire?
The time it takes for the result to expire is 7 good years, that means you can seek admission with an IJMB result or certificate for a good 7 years. In fact, this is one of the major benefits of doing an IJMB program, is not like UTME that is yearly. 7 years, if you are not being followed from your mum or dads village, if you will permit me to use those words, you should be able to gain admission to the university of your choice. After 7 years the result will no longer be useful for anything
Presently IJMB now serve as an Advanced Level Examination which guarantees candidate admission into 200level. The Board is administered by the Institute of Education of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. Other members of the board include representatives of various education institutions such as Joint Admission Matriculation Board; Federal University of Technology, Minna and Kadesh Solution Tutors Nationwide.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR IJMB?
(A) Five O/L credit passes as contained in JAMB
Brochure (Maximum of 2 sittings)
(B) Awaiting result can also apply.
(C) Fifteen Passport(Red Background Photographs)
(D) Birth Certificate
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN IJMB AND JUPEB
I will first and foremost start with the meaning of the two programs and origination.
IJMB is known as interim joint matriculation board. It is an advanced level which is expected to last for at least nine months. It also certified by Nigeria University Commission (NUC). IJMB was simply established to serve as an alternative way of gaining admission into the university. I.e. 200L via direct entry. It was set up by Interim Common Services Agency (ICSA) in 1976.
JUPEB – also known as joint universities preliminary examinations board is a National examination body entitled with the responsibility of setting examinations for students, who have gone through approved combination of subjects and are seeking to gain admission into the university via Direct Entry.
IJMB – was founded and owned by Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria. It was set up for the students who have been desperate to gain admission to the university. Therefore, IJMB is largely known and accepted in many Nigerian institutions. IJMB was established in 1976 by the Interim Common Services Agency (ICSA). ICSA itself was established by the government of the old Northern Region of Nigeria to provide educational and social services to the people of the region.
NOTE– Only Ahmadu Bello University can issue any result to students who took the examination.
JUPEB–The Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) is a national examinations body approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in December 2013. It was formally established in April 2014 by a consortium of ten (10) partnering universities led by the University of Lagos.
The board has the responsibility of conducting common and standard examinations for the candidates, who have been exposed to a minimum of one-year approved courses in the different Universities’ Foundation and/or Diploma Programmes and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into University courses at the 200 Level in Nigerian and partnering foreign universities.
Knowing full well that JUPEB was founded and owned by University of Lagos (UNILAG) and it should be noticed that JUPEB came after the establishment of IJMB. JUPEB is currently going nationwide as most tertiary institutions approve it. Schools in the South East and South West are mostly using it.
IJMB gives candidates admission into 200 level. IJMB candidates do not need to register for JAMB. IJMB result is valid for 7 years.
JUPEB result does not expire, you can decide not to use it immediately you are through with the programme, you might use it after 10 years of having JUPEB result, 3 years after having it.
WHEN DOES THE EXAM START?
IJMB– IJMB examination is taken only once in a year and the exam is expected to hold between the months of February and March. It should also be known that the exam is not as difficult as most students presume those who prepared well should be able to scale through it and the total point for IJMB is 15 points.
JUPEB– JUPEB examination is also taken once in a year, which is similar to IJMB. The exam is expected to hold between the months of June and July every year. Only those students who beat the maximum point will be taken to study their favourite courses and the result is expected to be released after 2 months the exam must have been taken.
IJMB–Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) and University of Lagos (UNILAG) are the only universities that do not accept IJMB in their institutions. Other tertiary institutions accept IJMB into their institutions.
JUPEB- Only the tertiary institutions which are JUPEB affiliated are accepted into these institutions. Schools without these cannot give admission to those who seeking to study in their favourite institutions. It simply explains that IJMB is more popular and accepted nationwide than JUPEB.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES THAT ACCEPTS IJMB,(CLICK HERE FOR JUPEB)
The most interesting thing that comes with gaining admission into any university of your choice to study your desired course if you pass is that you do not have to write JAMB examination in order for you to enter the university. Also, you would be starting off in the university from 200 level.
It is also important for you to note that even private universities accepts IJMB result if you pass, so also Federal and State universities. So if you are a Nigerian and you do not want to contest with the hustle and bustle JAMB has to offer you, with this information on the list of Nigerian universities that accepts IJMB, you can go ahead and register for the 2020/2021 academic session and get admitted into any university of your choice.
Federal Universities That Accept IJMB Result
1. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
2. Bayero University, Kano
3. Federal University Gashau
4. Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
5. Federal University Of Technology, Akure
6. Federal University Of Technology, Minna
7. Federal University, Duste, Jigwa State
8. Federal University, Dustin-Ma, Kastina
9. Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
10. Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
11. Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
12. Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa
13. Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Ekiti State
14. Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
15. Federal University, Binin Kebbi
16. Federal University, Gusua
17. Modibbo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
18. National Open University Of Nigeria
19. Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka
20. University Of Abuja, Gwagwalada
21. Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
22. University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
23. University Of Benin
24. University Of Calabar
25. University Of Ibadan
26. University Of Ilorin
27. University Of Jos
28. University Of Maiduguri
29. University Of Uyo
30. Usmanu Danfodiyo University
State Universities That Accept IJMB
1. Abia State University, Uturu.
2. Adamawa State University, Mubi
3. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
4. Akwa Ibom State University Of Technology, Uyo
5. Anambra State University Of Science & Technolgy, Uli
6. Bauchi State University, Gaudau
7. Benue State University, Makurdi
8. Bukar Abba Ibrahim University, Damaturu
9. Cross River State University Of Science & Technology, Calabar
10. Delta State University, Abraka
11. Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
12. Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti
13. Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
14. Gombe State University, Gombe
15. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
16. Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Rumuolumeni
17. Imo State University, Owerri
18. Kaduna State University, Kaduna
19. Kano University Of Science & Technology, Wudil
20. Kebbi State University, Kebbi
21. Kogi State University, Anyigba
22. Kwara State University, Ilorin
23. Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso
24. Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos
25. Nasarawa State University, Keffi
26. Niger Delta University, Amasoma
27. Northwest University, Kano
28. Ondo State University Of Science & Technology, Okitipupa
29. Osun State University, Osogbo
30. Plateau State University, Bokkos
31. River State University Of Science & Technology
32. Sokoto State University, Sokoto
33. Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu Ode
34. Taraba State University, Jalingo
35. Technical University, Ibadan
36. Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University, Kastina
Private Universities That Accept IJMB
1. Achiever’s University, Owo
2. Adeleke University, Ede
3. Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State
4. African University of Science & Technology, Abuja
5. Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan
6. Al Hikmah University, Ilorin
7. American University Of Nigerian, Yola
8. Babcock University, Ilishan Remo
9. Baze University
10. Bells University Of Technolgy, Ota
11. Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
12. Bingham University, New Karu
13. Bowen University, Iwo
14. Caleb University, Lagos
15. Caritas University, Enugu
16. CETEP City University, Lagos
17. Covenant University, Ota
18. Crawford University Igbesa
19. Crescent University
20. Elizade University, Ilara Mokin
21. Evangel University, Akaeze
22. Fountain University, Osogbo
23. Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu State
24. Gregory University, Uturu
25. Igbinedion University Okada
26. Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji
27. Landmark University, Omu-Aran
28. Lead City University, Ibadan
29. Madonna University, Okija
30. Macpherson University, Seriki Sotaya, Ajebo
31. Nigerian Turkish Nile University, Abuja
32. Novena University, Ogume
33. Obong University
34. Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
35. Pan African University, Lagos
36. Paul University, Awka, Anambra State
37. Redeemer’s University, Ede
38. Renaissance University, Enugu
39. Rhema University, Obeama Asa Rivers State
40. Salem University, Lokoja
41. Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
42. Southwestern University, Oku Owa
43. Tansian University, Umuya
44. University Of Mkar, Mkar
45. Veritas University
46. Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa Edo State
47. Wesley University of Science & Tech., Ondo
48. Western Delta University, Oghara
49. Wukari Jubilee University, Wukari.
Above are the list of Federal, State and Private universities that accepts IJMB result. So by now, you should not be worried if you wish to go through IJMB.
Also note that;
- No JAMB/UTME score is needed for the Admission.
- Awaiting Results Candidate too can Apply.
- Automatic Admission without Screening.
- the exam is as difficult as your O’level exams eg. WAEC, NECO and NABTEB examinations. However, any average student can make excellent grades in the this program. All that is required of the student is academic diligence and dedication to study. The program is only one step higher than the ordinary level examinations.
Come to think of it: Is there entrance exam for IJMB?
Capital NO, Just obtain your form and begin lectures. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FEES.
Enrollment for 2020 academic session is ongoing Now and closes soon. Enroll to any of our partnering Accredited Study centers across the country, that is closer to your location with moderate fees today. is ijmb form still on sale? YES
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW.
For further details, Call/Whatsapp 08096626289, 09069701529 or visit our contact page.
We Look Forward To Welcoming You To Our Advanced Level Program, either IJMB or JUPEB click to know more about JUPEB.